Partitions on new HDD

Hi

I've got a new HDD (Seagate ST310212A). I wanted to setup my system on it from scratch. I have the following config:

P III-450, i440 BX, 64 Megs, Award PnP BIOS

I want to have my system as dual boot with Win98 and RHL 6.2

The BIOS shows the disk in LBA mode with 10243 MB.

Now, when I create the partitions using the FDISK from Win98 startup disk, the total partitions' space is 9766 MB. Where did the rest of space go? Same result is there with disk druid from Zoot CD. The partition info is displayed as:

+-----------+-----------+------------+----------+
|   Device  | Required  |  Actual    |   Type   |
    hda1       2047         2047       Win95 FAT32
    hda5       3106         3106	Win95 FAT32
    hda6       3090         3090       Win95 FAT32

Total : 9766 M Used : 8243 M Free : 1523 M

If I create a swap of 70M, and create Linux Native (/) with "Grow to fill..." set, then all of 1523M is utilised except 1M which it still shows as free. Same thing happens when I try to create one more FAT32 partition from FDISK (m$)

How should I go about making partitions so that whole of the space is utilised?

PS ::::>> The only option that I have not tried yet is the Disc Wizard that comes along with the Seagate drives. But that needs a prior installation on Win9x on a separate HDD.

Thanx in advance