Re: suse vs zoot

> hurray it works now!!
> after alot of hardwork i am now able to r u n  X on my
> PIII i810e motherboard searching here
> there everywhere i can possibly it was the 9 of august
> when i first saw linux Xserver its
> really cool it took me (a novice)
> around a month I remebered the first day (that was 11
> of july) when i installed linux on
>  my pc but to put X to work took a long time.
> I first installed RHL 6.2 but startx didnt worked
> after trying everything on zoot i moved on to
> suse the German Power House 6.3 and i was at surprize

if only you had checked out the intel site http://support.intel.com you
would have configured zoot for X in the just the same time. the intel
site gives XFCom drivers for i810 which drive 810 just fine.
cheers,
joy.

PS: you will have to recompile the source rpms for your kernel, but its a
single line source recompilation command.