Re: Cypherpunks fleshmeet in Bangalore

On 01/08/00 12:58 +0530, Udhay Shankar N spewed into the LI bitstream:

> I would welcome comments and suggestions on this proposal.

Our friends at NASSCOM and the Government of India, who are all busily blowing
smoke about "signatures" in the "cyberlaws" they are concocting, might be
interested.  Funniest thing is that, after all this talk of "signatures" and
"encryption" they do, the GoI is quite likely to ask you for a copy of your
privot a copy or two of these "cyberlaws"?  What little I have managed
to read of them doesn't impress me - in fact it makes me scared to host
anything here in India - let alone store any encrypted / sensitive data.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Government [is] an illusion the governed should not encourage.