Re: [LIH] Which is better AMD or INTEL

Rohit wrote:

> Bhavin Sheth wrote:
> > Since you are already using an Intel Celeron 533, there is no special
> > reason to use an AMD K6-2 500. If the choice were between a Pentium-III and
> > an Athlon, then I would suggest the Athlon.
>
> I would too, but not unless I have solid airconditioning.

I guess that if one can take care of the cooling requiremnets (even w/o
airconditioning, see that the case is good and install a few fans), the
Athlon is great. I have been thinking of buying one for the past some
weeks, but just when I decided to go ahaead, AMD released the
Thunderbird and Duron.

Check out sites like http://www.aceshardware.com,
http://www.tomshardware.com and others to get a feel of how well the
Athlon Classic, Athlon T-Bird & Duron stand upto the P-III and Celeron.

No reason to go for Intel, I feel, though a K6-2 *may* not be a good
choice, IMHO.

sachin