Re: [Q] What stats would you like to see...

Hi,

Sudhakar Chandra typed:
> I am working on a script (among other things) that will regularly
> (monthly?) post list statistics to the various LI lists.  I welcome
> suggestions on the kind of statistics that you folks will like to see.

Is it going to be opensource?

> 2. Subscriber numbers
> 	(a) Total
> 	(b) By Top Level Domain (TLD)
> 	(c) By webmail service (eg. Yahoo, hotmail etc.)
> 	(d) By ISP (Satyam, VSNL etc.)

This is great but how will you do the ISP bit? Only by the domain name
(eg - xyz@xxxxxxxx) or by scanning the headers for relaying SMTP
servers?

> 4. Most popular subjects

Could you elaborate on this one? I mean - most of the subjects of
threads are different, aren't they?

> 5. Average depth of threads

Is this average "number of messages" in a thread?

I also noticed that this message is the second message in LI history
that has only questions, isn't it? ;-)

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> http://mrinal.dhs.org/
Linux 2.2.16 || PGP:B1E86F5B || Mutt 1.3.4i (2000-06-19) || VIM 5.6