Linux losing out?

Interesting conversation I had yesterday:

A friend of ours who is into the web business told me that they are
switching from Linux+Solaris to NT.

On asking him why, he quite matter-of-factly stated that Linux is great,
nice and stable and a sysadmins dream, but when it comes to developing
applications for the web, he just cannot find anyone (in Delhi) to
program in PHP/Zope/Perl/etc., while ASP programmers are to be found a
dime a dozen, and really cheap.

He may have a point. I have had similar experiences in Bangalore. While we
have been advocating Linux (and BSD and Solaris and BeOS and....), we have
done precious little to get people going on the web-programming front. And
that, unfortunately, is where the action now is.

Any thoughts on what we (LI, PCQ, Chip, etc.) can do about this?

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91(80)3440397 Fax +91(80)3341137