Re: [LIH] Require some programme for keepling server statistics...

[Moving to LIG]

"Ravikant K.Rao" proclaimed:
>         # apt-get install analog
>         Debian owns us all ! ;) Actually, I think I will lose massive
> functionality these days, if I were given a non-Debian box to work
> on... :(

I am fundamentally opposed to the proposal (see thread in debian-devel) to
remove non-free from Debian.  If the vote passes, I am contemplating
resigning from being a developer.  I was thinking of the alternatives I had
if I were to stop using Debian for reasons of principle ...

FreeBSD: The topmost in my list.  FreeBSD's 'make world' comes closest to
Debian's 'apt-get dist-upgrade'.  Also, FreeBSD is developed with clueful
people in mind.  So it does not do a lot of the hand holding that RH does.

RH: Not an option.  RH-contrib binaries available at rpmfind.net is a mess.

Slackware: Not an option.  Difficult to upgrade.

SuSE: Probably an option.  But am worried about the rpmfind.net mess.

Debian-derived distributions (stormix, Progeny etc.): Third choice.

>         wow, up for 14 months or something .. *shudder* ...

If you liked that, you might enjoy mrtg.  See sample reports at
http://www.aunet.org/logs/  The Postfix graphs are most interesting.  You
will notice that maximal traffic happens around midnight my time.  Which is
daytime in India.

Thaths
--
     "Now, let's all turn around and pay attention to me again."
                    -- Homer J. Simpson