Re: [LIH] thought you ppl may be interested

    Suresh> Ravikant K.Rao saw fit to inform LI that:
    >> Wrong guy, IMHO -- Their Helpdesk/Customer Support wasn't that
    >> address -- it was support@eth or helpdesk@eth or *something*
    >> like that, and it was lying around on www.eth.net .. No use
    >> sending wrong complaints to the wrong guy

    Suresh> ETH was responsive on the rare occasions I used their
    Suresh> support service here in Hyderabad.

	Yes, but was it *WEBMASTER*@eth who carried out proceedings?
Something is massively screwed up if yes ... because I always thought
webmaster was a "Different" kind of a guy ... not exactly the helpdesk
kind of guy.... I refuse to respect *ANY* organisation if the
*WEBMASTER* is the helpdesk. And let me state this quite explicitly
... if *I* was webmaster of $ISP and some guy sent me mail meant for
someother guy, I would probably take special trouble to bust his
ass... *shrug* but thats me.. I guess. I was saying that he was
writing to the WRONG guy, and *NOT* that ETH sucked when it came to
customer support.

    Suresh> Also, their DNS (pdns01 and sdns01 .minnambalam.com or wtf
    Suresh> ever) suck, so I used vsnl's dns servers in my resolv.conf

	Setup your own caching-only NS and use VSNL's? That's what I'm
doing too ;)

	BTW, just wondering, are(n't) we dis-obeying/transgressing
"decency" or any "rules" or "laws" by not using VSNL for anything
except the DNS?

    Jiju> posting this to the linux-india groups too.  He had the
    Jiju> sauce to argue to me that even VSNL or Satyam do not provide
    Jiju> Linux support, well I asked him to log on to

    Suresh> LI-* is not, imho, a stick to beat ISPs or anyone else
    Suresh> with and threaten them with "get my account working with
    Suresh> linux or else ....".  You pay your money and you take your
    Suresh> chances.

	Rightly said.

    >> Re-send it with your login and BAM, the BOFH just might step
    >> in, and

    Suresh> _Please_, don't call ETH admins BOFHs. The _real_ BOFH

	I didn't. Unfortunately, due to the volume of email I
send/receive I don't have a copy of what I said. Like I said, I have
close friends who get heavily larted(?) by <popular isp> and I dont
call anyone anything :c)

	--ravi
--
Ravikant K.Rao : http://www.symonds.net/~ravi/