Re: [LIH] thought you ppl may be interested

Ravikant K.Rao saw fit to inform LI that:

>	Wrong guy, IMHO -- Their Helpdesk/Customer Support wasn't that
>address -- it was support@eth or helpdesk@eth or *something* like
>that, and it was lying around on www.eth.net .. No use sending wrong
>complaints to the wrong guy

ETH was responsive on the rare occasions I used their support service here
in Hyderabad.

Also, their DNS (pdns01 and sdns01 .minnambalam.com or wtf ever) suck, so
I used vsnl's dns servers in my resolv.conf

I faced no problems fetching mail from their pop account.  Fetchmail
supports a _lot_ of protos - including NTLM now, in case you want to read
mail from a M$ sexchange server directly.

>    Jiju> posting this to the linux-india groups too.  He had the
>    Jiju> sauce to argue to me that even VSNL or Satyam do not provide
>    Jiju> Linux support, well I asked him to log on to

LI-* is not, imho, a stick to beat ISPs or anyone else with and threaten
them with "get my account working with linux or else ....".  You pay your
money and you take your chances.

As long as you have something that listens on port 110 (pop) and port 25
(smtp) available, and a ppp connection to use them with, you can make them
work on linux.

>Re-send it with your login and BAM, the BOFH just might step in, and

_Please_, don't call ETH admins BOFHs. The _real_ BOFH will come back from
hell and start larting you for insulting him so grieviously.  Clueless
$#%@$% is more like it sometimes (esp as they run such flaky DNS).

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + sureshr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Most people wouldn't know music if it came up and bit them on the ass.