Re: [ilug-blr] SPAM

Dear Mr. Taranath,

>You could send a personal mail to Mr.Ramesh in this regrad.

Just for your information, *EVERY* message that I sent in regard to the SPAM
that I received was send

To: ramesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with cc's to the appropriate other email id's. You obviously did not notice
or did not care. Either ways, it does not make a difference to me.

>I guess, the purpose of ( Mr.Ramesh ) he sending such mails to
> the list is to spread the message of Linux and to educate more
> people with Linux.

SPAM is NOT what I call education. If it so, then it's perhaps education for
you. Not for me. Not for other users who at the LUG came up to me and agreed
with the mail I had sent, except that some said that I was too decent and
too soft.

>It is
> deffently not to distrube any one nor to earn a living out of
> it.

Incidentally, you may wish to note that both the objectives are being
acheived. I am being disturbed and LLC *is* making a living out of it.
Nevermind that. I can't object to the second half, but I strenuously object
to the first.

Your credentials in this area (SPAM) are particularly suspect, especially
since the nature of your SPAMing rarely ever differs from that professed by
Linux Learning Center. I hoped (NOTE: past tense) that Mr. M.S. Vijayan's
mail on *your* spam would have made atleast the slightest of an impact on
you. It obviously has not.

However, with today's mail(CLOSE - OUT SALE...., 8159 bytes), you outdo
yourself. You not only spam the LUG Blr, but you have the effontery to add
the following

>        Linux Learning Centre- www.linuxlearningcentre.com
>        Part Time Advanced Course: 2nd June 2000 ( 2 hours day )
>        Fast Track Advance Course: 19th June 2000 (4 days Full >Time)
>        Email: linux@xxxxxxxx
>        --------------------------------------------------------
>        :     G.T.Enterprises - The one Stop Shop for LINUX     :
>        :            Mail to gtcdrom@xxxxxxxx                   :
>        :            URL : www.gtcdrom.com                      :
>        :            Phone : 91-80-6606093                      :
>        :             Fax : 91-80-6671407                       :
>        :            98440 10269 ( only in urgency please)      :
>        --------------------------------------------------------:

So, not only are your credentials completely busted in sending me a
placatory mail, you are also directly tied to LLC. And inspite of replying
to my mail to LLC, you *STILL* send me spam!!!!!

You have helped and sponsored the LUG on occasion. I respect your
contribution, even as it is colored by the fact that on nearly every
occasion, you have had commerical profit indirectly or directly. However,
that does not give you the right to overstep your boundaries. The same spam
*could* have been posted (edited?!?) to the LUG with a simple [Commercial]
tag attached to it. Or you could have posted a request to people to join a
new group dedicated to emails from you
(ILUG-Blr-I-WANT-MY-DAILY-FIX-OF-SPAM). You chose to SPAM.

The fact that you could send this SPAM to me, less than a week after being
"a voice of reason" regarding my mail to LLC makes me rather frustrated and
angry. Either you are so consumed with hubris that you no longer care for
any opinion or it is that *one* single Linux user raising his voice against
you makes *no* difference. Well, I shall see about that.

I have drafted a mail on the lines that Suresh R. (LIG) had suggested. I had
not mailed it in, simply because an acknowledgement / explaination or
apology (hoping for too much?) would have been prevented me from taking
drastic measures. I had decided to wait for a week. I will similarly apply
the rules to your mail. One week from now, I will do all that is in my
capacity to have all SPAM causing email id's removed from their respective
ISP, web hosting service or service provider. I will ensure that atleast on
this list, users *will* not be taken for granted.

Yours Sorrowfully,

p.s. all other users who have got the same mail and object to *forced* to
receive SPAM from anyone, drop me a line.
p.p.s List moderator(s) - motion to request to check if
ramesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
<gtintblr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<linux@xxxxxxxx>
are part of the lists, if so, consider necessary action.

    Gandalf Mithrandir   /* Mobilis in mobile  */  Final Year CS&E, UVCE, Blr
/*   Any Sufficiently Advanced Operating System is indistinguishable from Linux   */
// Do not meddle with SysAds for they are quick to anger and subtle in their ways //

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com