Re: Re: [ilug-blr] SPAM

Gandalf Mithrandir saw fit to inform LI that:

>I have drafted a mail on the lines that Suresh R. (LIG) had suggested. I had
>not mailed it in, simply because an acknowledgement / explaination or
>apology (hoping for too much?) would have been prevented me from taking

Congratulations, O Grey wizard!!! I'd request you to see
http://www.mail-abuse.org/rbl/candidacy.html and use that as a followup in
case gtcdrom / linuxlearningcenter's upstreams do not respond to you.

Include this entire thread as well.  This bozo has just managed to talk
himself into becoming an automatic rbl candidate.

>the rules to your mail. One week from now, I will do all that is in my
>capacity to have all SPAM causing email id's removed from their respective

-- and websites which are advertised as well.  Congratulations.

Also point him to http://spam.abuse.net/spambad.html (Why is Spam bad),
and http://www.efuse.com/Grow/direct_email_marketing_.html

>Yours Sorrowfully,

... like Don Corleone says, its just business, not pleasure.

>// Do not meddle with SysAds for they are quick to anger and subtle in their ways //

Am filching this for my database of sigquotes, if you don't mind ;)

Suresh Ramasubramanian | sureshr at staff.juno.com
Captain Penny's Law:
	You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of
	the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom.