Re: Formal Member Registration

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Ravikant K.Rao wrote:

> 	Duh, if you re-read my email, you will notice that there were
> ! and !!'s and *maybe* ;)'s also ... the bit about students being
> entirely impoverished and penniless was in jest, and an attempt at
> humour. Sadly, it got mistaken to baseless bickering ...

Ravi: if that was meant to be humour, you managed to release the ultimate
damp firecracker - only Microsoft BOB fell flatter. ;-)

The standard approach is to use :-) and ;-) or maybe >;->  or even @|-)
*somewhere* in the message (preferably early on) to indicate that we are
official in tongue-in-cheek mode. Raju and I even go to extremes, using
universally understood xGML tags such as <THIS-IS-MEANT-TO-BE-FUNNY>to
indicate ththe funny stuff</THIS-IS-MEANT-TO-BE-FUNNY> to help the
funny-bone-impaired folks get into the act.

Atul