Re: Formal Member Registration

Atul Chitnis saw fit to inform LI that:

>What should this formal membership process entail? Some form of membership
>fee, a membership card, etc? There have been proposals of differential

As you are already charging a per-meeting fee at BLUG, I suppose this can
be substituted with a regular membership fee - that can build a club
corpus.  Good idea in fact.

However, if you do all this, you have to (if you haven't yet) get yourself
registered as a non profit club / society (yeah, red tape, but still ...),
file a formal club charter with them etc.

>membership fees (student/non-student) but since I am *not* talking about a
>100K joining fee, I don't think that is feasible or even desirable.

Charge enough to cover expenses (meeting place, food etc) plus a little
something extra.

Suresh Ramasubramanian | sureshr at staff.juno.com
Green light in a.m. for new projects.  Red light in P.M.
for traffic tickets.