Re: Formal Member Registration

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Atul Chitnis wrote:

->Since I would like to see uniformity across the country, I thought I'd
->kick off a discussion here to see what other people have to say about it.
->

ILUG-BOM is also growing very fast.  Presently our mailing list has
about 200 subscribtions. In our recent meeting we have decided to have two
kinds of membership for ILUG-BOM.

Basic membership is open for all, all linux enthusiasts can
attend meetings, participate in the email list
etc.  But all members will have to fill a form at the website
by accepting the guidelines, objectives etc. This will be activated soon.

Second membership is a resource membership.  Those who would like to share
the common resources ILUG-BOM has: such as CDs, Magazines etc. For resource
membership there will be some fees.  The amount has not been decided yet.

It is also decided that ILUG-BOM will soon be registering as a non-profit
making society.  This has become necessary because there are increasing
number of requests for training workshops, etc from organizations. And they
would like to contribute for the organization. Recently ILUG-BOM has
conducted a three day orientation course for the employees of Tata
Interactive Systems. The course went on well. Since we are not registered we
could not even accept any nominal fee.  They are however giving honorariam
to all the speakers.

It will be good, if all the LUGs have a commom format and mode of
functionality. So other LUGs let us know what you are all doing, apart from
ILUG-Bang.

Nagarjuna

cc: visit our new website: http://www.ilug-bom.org.in, though it is still
being developed.