Re: Re: Kylix Kickoff (fwd)

--- SANIsoft <tarique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW - Tarique says that the spreadsheet of star office really does
> not
> qualify as USABLE
>
> Pivot tables of Excel are just too powerful - BUT not as powerful as
> Lotus123

Hi,

Frankly, I don't know many people who object to M$ products on
"freedom" grounds. Personally, I'm used to paying for things I find
useful. I also doubt that anybody would claim that M$ Office lacks some
functionality that they require.

What disturbs me is the way that you are locked into using only their
products if you buy any one. I'd use any commercial product on Linux,
including M$' as long as it was within my budget and conformed to open
standards.

Biju

=====
Biju "Botsie" Chacko
"With men and sex when it's right, it's right and when it's wrong, it's right." - Fishism