Re: Re: [LIH] Fwd: Kylix Kickoff

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 11:01:06PM -0700, Biju Chacko typed:

>Don't you think this is overkill? After all, GT is, at least, trying to
>clean up their act. No more free evaluation CDs on sale, COMMERCIAL tag
>on their mails. And as I said in my previous mail -- they did stop
>sending me mail after I asked them to stop.

I agree - 100%.  Read my previous post -- (and note the part about
"repeated requests".

suresh wrote:

>> If you are also being contacted offlist despite repeated requests, it
>> is
>> clearly spam, and you have two options --

I am not an anti e-commerce net nazi :)  However, if GT Enterprises adds
junta randomly <without consent> to their mailing list (that's pretty
bad), and doesn't unsubscribe them when requested (that's worse) then they
deserve all they get.

>Since these are people we are aquainted with, maybe the nice mail,
>nasty mail, block sequence ought to be followed. After all these guys

Thaths has already gone thru the nice mail stage several times.  Now, he
can either send them a nasty mail, or block them, or both.

I sincerely hope it doesn't come to such a point ...

Suresh Ramasubramanian | sureshr at staff.juno.com
Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.
		-- Charles McCabe