Re: Re: [LIH] Fwd: Kylix Kickoff

--- Suresh Ramasubramanian <sureshr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you are also being contacted offlist despite repeated requests, it
> is
> clearly spam, and you have two options --
>
> 1. Block gtcdrom@xxxxxxxx from the LIH list (pity, as they are
> Cheapbytes
> affiliates in India) and put this addy and gtcdrom.com (their domain)
> in
> your /etc/mail/deny.db (oh hell, you're running postfix, right - do
> the
> equivalent thing in postfix)
>
> 2. Mail G.P.Singh <gpsingh@xxxxxxxx> who is sysadmin of VSNL, and
> request
> him to take action against this account in accordance with VSNL's
> acceptable use policy

Suresh,

Don't you think this is overkill? After all, GT is, at least, trying to
clean up their act. No more free evaluation CDs on sale, COMMERCIAL tag
on their mails. And as I said in my previous mail -- they did stop
sending me mail after I asked them to stop.

Since these are people we are aquainted with, maybe the nice mail,
nasty mail, block sequence ought to be followed. After all these guys
aren't anonymous so you can contact them directly.

Biju

=====
Biju "Botsie" Chacko
"With men and sex when it's right, it's right and when it's wrong, it's right." - Fishism