Re: Fwd: Kylix Kickoff

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Oh, OK.  The original message was forwarded by at least two LI members to
> me (dozens of cc's) - they asked me to complain on their behalf.  I did
> so, and got his yahoo / hotmail (forgot which) dropbox killed.

Hmmm, kneejerk reaction, and bad. I regularly receive massmail from many
people that I do *not* consider spam. I don't automatically get their
accounts killed, I at the most write back to them and ask them to be a
little more careful. I have on record several messages from you (Suresh)
that has plenty of CCs, but I never complained, did I? In fact I remember
an occasion where *Udhay* complained about the number of CCs!

Kylix is a product that is not for sale (and wont be for a while), and is
of serious interest to many people. This event is by invitation only, so
what on earth are we talking about? Check
http://www.borland-india.com/kylix/ for more details.

If the Linux community reacts to stuff like this by getting people's mail
accounts killed because of a long CC list, I am afraid we have lost sight
of our objectives and are painting a rather sordid picture of our views.

Atul