Re: [LIH] Non-subscriber posts

Hi,

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan typed:
> The way LI* handles non-subscriber posts has changed.  Majordomo2 now sends
> a reply back to the sender when it sees that a non-subscriber is trying to
> post to the list.  It also forwards it to the -owner for approval /
> rejection.  The note sent to the sender says "You are not subscribed to
> blah blah blah.  The owner will either approve or reject your message etc.
> If you are getting this message by mistake then here is info that will help
> you debug it. etc."

Instead of causing grief to subscribers of other lists who try to post
here, why don't you change the behaviour of this, so that the post
gets bounced to you initially, without sending the "You are not
subscribed.." message. If you approve the post, don't send any
warning message, and if you reject the message, then send the "You are
not subscribed" message.

Since you anyway get bounces of mail from non-subscribers, I don't
think this will increase your work. Is there any bug (!) in this
system? Or will it be difficult to implement?

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> (PGP:B1E86F5B) http://listen.to/mrinal
- - - - = ( Redhat Linux 6.1 ) = - - - - = ( Kernel 2.2.12-20 ) = - - - -