Re: Re: [LIH] Non-subscriber posts

Mrinal Kalakrishnan proclaimed:
> Instead of causing grief to subscribers of other lists who try to post
> here, why don't you change the behaviour of this, so that the post
> gets bounced to you initially, without sending the "You are not
> subscribed.." message. If you approve the post, don't send any
> warning message, and if you reject the message, then send the "You are
> not subscribed" message.

Two reasons:

1. majordomo2 does not have the ability to send a canned message when a
post is rejected.  It only has the ability to send a message when a post is
forwarded to the admin.  Considering the size of LI*, I want to automate as
much of it as possible.  I don't want to spend more than 30 minutes every
day administering the lists.  Sine mj2 does not have the ability to do what
you recommend (I think you are right.  It is the Right Thing), I'd have to
do this manually.  That takes up more of my time.

2. Some users tend to repost a message when they don't get a copy of it in
a few minutes.  This adds to the administrative confusion.  That is why I
want to send an email to the sender as soon as possible saying that their
post is in the queue.

Thaths
--
Lisa:  "Dad. You killed the zombie Flanders."
Homer: "He was a Zombie?"