[OT]Sociology

Hi,

I was channel surfing this morning, when I came across Channel V.
There, displayed to the thump of techno "music" was a description of
Linus Torvalds wrote Linux as a Unix clone inspired by Minix.

That says _something_ about India, but I'm not sure what.

Youth channels like V and MTV are about fun. They consciously avoid
things that are considered a "drag" by the majority of viewers. That
they choose to tackle (even in the most superficial manner) a rather
techie subject like Linux obviously indicates something about their
viewership -- techie stuff is _fun_ for them.

There is some hope for this country after all!

Biju

=====
Biju "Botsie" Chacko
"Have Fun, Have Fun, Have Fun" - Calvin