Re: Re: Please share your linux experiences....

Hi,

Atul Chitnis typed:
> > Everybody knows that you have done wonders for Linux in India,
> > but now, what about the list?
> I was not trying to pound my drum, if that is what you are referring to. I
> was answering your question.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough - I wasn't being sarcastic. You are
*the* big name in Linux in India. But what I was trying to say is that
your leaving the list doesn't help LI in any way.

> The list is only a conduit, the people who contribute to it are the main
> Linux resource.

Along the same lines, it can also be said that you are one of those
main resources, who is no more on the list.

> And these people must be given a structure, a framework on
> which they can build something comprehensive, so that their work (in the
> form of answers) is not lost over time.

Agreed.

> Do you know that the average Indian (if at all computer savvy) equates
> computers with Windows, and thinks that "Linux is not for the ordinary
> people" but only for techies?

Yes I know, and this notion will be pretty difficult to change. A
Linux system today may not be too easy for a non-techie or newbie to
use without some introduction of some kind. Even if it is just - "All
that you need is in /usr/doc/HOWTO/"!

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> (PGP:B1E86F5B) http://listen.to/mrinal
- - - - = ( Redhat Linux 6.1 ) = - - - - = ( Kernel 2.2.12-20 ) = - - - -