Re: Re: Please share your linux experiences....

On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 09:20:10AM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Arun Sharma wrote:
>
> >   To sum it up, Linux is no longer a religion. It's just an OS for me.
>
> Linux in itself is not religion to me, but what is stands for (technology
> highly suitable to the Indian scenario) *is*.
>
> I have several other causes, and they are all linked by this common
> thread. This includes my objection to the techno-slavery that the Indian
> software industry is sinking into (in a nutshell - software exports !=
> software development), connectivity for Joe Ramaswamy, etc.

I share your religion on the software development issue. GPL and a
development based software industry don't mix. India especially has
a lot to lose from the loss of potential revenue with development based
software exports, than the gains by not paying Microsoft.

Alright, I'm a hopeless loser, who keeps going back to GPL. But I can't
help it. If someone wants to debate this, come over to -advocacy.

	-Arun