Re: mail from linux server to hotmail bouncing..

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Nikhil Datta wrote:

> I'm having a slightly strange problem, *only some* mail that is being
> sent from my domain to hotmail addresses is bounciong with a 'servicie
> unavailable' address. Why should this be happeneing? My domain
> resolves correctly from any where on the internet.

Nothing unusual - this has been happening to us and lots of others, too,
for the past couple of months. The "service unavailable" part seems to be
related to a busy state by the hotmail servers, and has nothing to do with
the originating domain, because if I resend the same message once or
twice, the message goes through.

Atul