[no subject]

<quote>
     "My company needs a proprietary operating system to get a
     competitive edge."

   GNU will remove operating system software from the realm of
competition.  You will not be able to get an edge in this area, but
neither will your competitors be able to get an edge over you.  You and
they will compete in other areas, while benefiting mutually in this
one.  If your business is selling an operating system, you will not
like GNU, but that's tough on you.  If your business is something else,
GNU can save you from being pushed into the expensive business of
selling operating systems.

</quote>

Sure, operating system is not all of commercial software. But the intent
is clear enough to me. I have seen no indication that the intent will
remain confined to "commercial operating system software".

	-Arun