Re: Non-political term

>>"Atul" == Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Atul> What I am trying to describe (with the term I am searching for) is the
 Atul> spirit behind the return to choice - a single name/word/phrase that
 Atul> describes unambiguously the movement that was spearheaded by Linux (by
 Atul> giving it a much needed focal point).

 Atul> When I speak to people, I try many terms, but the biggest reaction I get
 Atul> is when I say "Linux" because, right or wrong, it in one word encapsulates
 Atul> everything that I am trying to say - the audience and I are immediately on
 Atul> the same page.

 Atul> Is this wrong? Is "Linux" becoming the equivalent of "Xerox" (which people
 Atul> use to describe the process of photocopying)?

        Frankly, I have never heard Linux being used in that
 context. I have genrally hear the phrase "Bazaar style of
 development" that comes closest to describing the phenomena.

        http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/

        manoj
--
 Stay away from hurricanes for a while.