Re: LI traffic and a proposal

>>"Mrinal" == Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Mrinal> Hi,
 Mrinal> Manoj Srivastava typed:
 >> Before you start pushing security breaches down my throught,
 >> please explain how is it any less secure than allowing people
 >> to sign up to the list unauthenticated.

 Mrinal> That's true - it isn't any less secure than allowing anybody to sign
 Mrinal> up to the list. But it gives the so called ``spammers'' an advantage.
 Mrinal> Normally, they would have to subscribe to the list, and post their
 Mrinal> spam. (And receive a lot of mail in the process). But if this is
 Mrinal> implemented, it makes their work a lot easier, because their mailbox
 Mrinal> is not going to get flooded.

        Huh? You seem to have misunderstood the whole password
 scheme. Only *subscribers* get the authorization; and when you add an
 email address, it is linked to you. And when you unsubscribe, *all*
 your email addresses are gone as well (this is something that would
 be excrutiatingly laborious for thaths to do manually).

        manoj
--
 You could live a better life, if you had a better mind and a better
 body.