Re: LI traffic and a proposal

>>"Mrinal" == Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Mrinal> Of course, there won't be a way in which you can add
 Mrinal> yourself, since that would defeat the purpose..

        I am confused. Why would that defeat the purpose? In fact,
 creating a passowrd controlled ldap database where people can add and
 remove auxilliary addresses would address some of the nightmare of
 maintenance that thats was talking about. And there are some cool
 ldap-perl amalgation going on out there ;-)

        Before you start pushing security breaches down my throught,
 please explain how is it any less secure than allowing people
 to sign up to the list unauthenticated.

        manoj
--
 : The following (relative to AutoSplit 1.03) attempts to please
 everyone : and perhaps pleases no one: I think that's way cool. Larry