Re: LI traffic and a proposal

Hi,

Manoj Srivastava typed:
>         Before you start pushing security breaches down my throught,
>  please explain how is it any less secure than allowing people
>  to sign up to the list unauthenticated.

That's true - it isn't any less secure than allowing anybody to sign
up to the list. But it gives the so called ``spammers'' an advantage.
Normally, they would have to subscribe to the list, and post their
spam. (And receive a lot of mail in the process). But if this is
implemented, it makes their work a lot easier, because their mailbox
is not going to get flooded.

Of course, I wouldn't mind the ``password controlled ldap database''!

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> (PGP:B1E86F5B) http://listen.to/mrinal
- - - - = ( Redhat Linux 6.1 ) = - - - - = ( Kernel 2.2.12-20 ) = - - - -