Re: [LI] Message from RMS.

On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 03:45:36AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>         The BSDs were around long before Linux started. Whydo you
>  think they failed to provide the world with useful software? Cause
>  they do not care about community. The BSD licence is a reflection of
>  the elitist, iconoclastic creators of *BSDs.

(a) Are you implying that BSDs didn't produce useful software ? It's
    certainly useful to me and to anyone who is using the Internet today.

(b) Sure, certain people in the BSD camp were elitist and didn't think
    that computers can be used by ordinary people. That was their undoing.
    But that has nothing to do with the BSD license.

(c) BSD people are less iconoclastic than Linux people are. See my next
    posting re: Hurd/technology/research.

	-Arun