Re: LI traffic and a proposal

On Fri, 03 Dec 1999, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> I don't think we should go into *that* much detail with the lists
> immediately - it would be counter-productive, and highly confusing for
> newbies.
I totally agree with this. Most of the newbie questions are related to X
configuration *and* Network setup. So having a single list catering to all
technical queries is much better than seperating them out.

> Absolutely, and I suggest that we have the ILUGs move there, too. We
> should check with Bhavin whether he could provide separate login/webspace
> for each ILUG and make DNS entries so that cochin.linux-india.org,
> bangalore.linux-india.org, etc. become feasible. It will also save ILUG
> coordinators $70/domain (e.g. ILUG-goa.org) without robbing them of their
> individuality.

Hmm... Bhavin was OK sometime back for a chennai.linux-india.org. But now we
have more than 10 ILUGs, can Bhavin really provide them all with webspace? I
will check it out with him.

-- KD