how to install debian??

Hi,
i have been tryingto install debian for the past 3
days but in vain.
i have a system running on red hat 7.1 but i want to
try out debian as well.
i have a free internet connection - but no cd writer,
or floppies.
how can i install debian on a seperate partition on my
sytem.
i can download as much as i want from the net.
just guide me from the basics - how to get my debian
system running till the point where i get just a bash
prompt. then i can install all the other utility
packages myself.
thanx in advance,
saurabh nanda