Re: Samba problem

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 10:57:49AM +0518, M.K.Pai merrily said:
> I read in docs that one can tweak the Windows registry to fix this
> problem. I do not wish to do this. As far as possible, I want my
> clients to be "dummy-mode".

The registry tweaks are ditributed with the Samba distrib in the doc
directory  somewhere called WinNT-XXX.reg, Win2000xxxx.reg and
Win98xxxx.reg. These registry entries are for removing encryption
between the boxes. If you don't have a problem with folks
eavesdropping in your LAN, you can turn off encryption in the smb.conf
file and run these registry entries to disable encryption in the
Windoze boxes.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya