LAN

Hi Everyone
It has been more than 8-9 months since I last sent an email to this
newsgroup.
Thanks to PC-Quest for the new linux release, because of the them I have
shifted over to Linux from windows and I could configure almost everything
(Printer, Internet, video-card) but not LAN. I have followed every step
mentioned in the PC-Quest July issue but I have not succeeded. In fact the
magazine talks of two machines, one for Intranet server and another as
gateway. As I can not afford two machines so my effort is to provide both at
the same machine. My machine is P-III, 500 Mhz, 8 GB HDD and 256MB SDRAM.
I want this machine to be Linux server acting as gateway as well as Intranet
server. My other machines on the LAN are windows ME.
Please help asap as there is too much chaos because of LAN being down since
last three days.
--
With Warm Wishes
Somnath Bharti