plip

i posted a message on plip earlier, but didnt see it appear on the list..!
strange!, either i missed it, or maybe my mail settings are #$^&%*.

anyways..

i have now got plip (ip using parallel port)... working. i just wanted to
know, whether the maximum speed that i get (40KBytes/sec) is the best that
we can get!???

also, both my computers come to a grinding """halt""" at these speeds.. is
plip "so" processor hungry? (and ifconfig says, there arent any collisions,
so atleast that reason goes out of the window..)

thanx
vavi