Re: can any one help me

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, kshounish wrote:

 naresh bhai
 it should be better if u see how i did the configuration then i think u
 can
 comment out my mistake
 on server say 192.192.192.1

 #/etc/rc.d/init.d/ypserv restart
 #/etc/rc.d/init.d/yppasswd restart
 #/usr/lib/yp/ypinit -m

 which setsup the master server
 now i am setting same machien as nis client (192.192.192.1)
 #setup-> authenticationtype->nis
 ->domain-sagar.org->servername-192.192.192.1
 which starts ypbind on the server
 #ypcat passwd
 shows me out put
 #ypwhich
shows
 kshounish.sagar.org
 and #yppasswd honey
 changes the passwd of honey also
 #i can log on the same machien with the chaged password

 now i am going to 192.192.192.2
 # setup and the rest to be done on client part
 and the i tried for ypwhich and ypcat
 showing me the same out put as the client on the same server showd me
 but when i do log in
 it tells there is no login called honey
 so logging in /and returns me $bash prompt
 can u help me
 its nice interacting with u naresh
 i am a linux learner on my own and trainer in bigleap academy as

  i had to learn so i tried my level best but at some
 juncture i fail so i need a bit help
  now another thing suppose my nis server nis setup on 192.192.192.1
 then if i want that windows client can also log using the servers nis
 password then is it possible ?
i just want that the "user policy checking windows should appear"on
 windows and it gets authenticated on linux

 secondly if using  samba alsol we can get authentication
 then what should be the changes in smb.conf file.
 regards