Re: Bus Error ?

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 12:38:37PM +0530, Lokesh Setia wrote:

> Could it be that you are running an -i686 or SSE optimized package on
> an AMD or something like that?
Like I said, all I did was install Bastille, and the errors came when
running su - (only when su 'ing to root, not any other user).

> bash/su or is it some other program mentioned in ~root/.bash_logout?
nothing in .bash_logout, but I had configured Bastille to disable core
dumps.

strace wouldn't run when doing a "su -" I was getting a permission denied
error. Strange huh ?

Anyways : to conclude, I ran "UndoBastille" and now everything is back to
normal. no more bus errors. I will be reporting the errors to the bastille
list. Lets see if they have a solution.

thanks,

nikk

--
Emotions are alien to me.  I'm a scientist.
		-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3