Re: Bus Error ?

Hi Nikhil,

Bus errors are very platform specific.  Usually it is a result of
violating some memory alignment rules.  Like a 'double' must start on
an address which is multiple of 8, etc.

Could it be that you are running an -i686 or SSE optimized package on
an AMD or something like that?

Or maybe you could find out the program causing bus error.  Is it
bash/su or is it some other program mentioned in ~root/.bash_logout?
Bus errors normally generate core dumps unless you have disabled core
dumps altogether.  They could provide some additional information.

If all that fails, remember, strace -f is your best friend :)

Loki.

--
Cricket scoreboard for linux
For more info, visit http://scoreboard.sourceforge.net