Re: bulk mail??

>     Neil> well..  strangely so, today i decided to do a sendmail -v -q
>     Neil> to see how the connections are made during transfer. to my
>     Neil> deslike .. i found that i made separate connections to the
>     Neil> same server(outgoing or local) for each mail. cant it just
>     Neil> send all messages in bulk during one connection??? ok. let
>     Neil> me rephrase... "how do i get sendmail to do that"..

Actually sendmail will do that by default. I'm not sure what you're trying,
but if you have a hundred messages to be delivered to the same mail server, it
will transfer them all in a single connection 'Using cached ESTMP
connection' is the message sendmail -q -v will give you.(I know, I've
frequently cleared queues of 1000+ mails when my mail hub used to be down,
and all mails would queue up on the gateway mail machine.)

nikk