HOAX! RE: ilugd is shutting down

This definitely sounds like a hoax for a number of reasons. First of all,
Micosoft has nothing to gain by taking such action except a lot of bad
publicity. And under no circumstances can they prove that ILUGD has marred
their name or used 'illegal' means to discourage people from using their
products. That ways they'd have to shutdown every single LUG inthe world which
I don't think they can take up and will not take up.

Secondly, Raj would not annouce a shutdown all of a sudden. The normal
procedure to follow would be to put the issue onto the list and discuss it,
not just annouce a decision.

Thirdly, his signature is not there at the bottom.

Fourthly, this email has so many grammatical and spelling errors that you can
instantly make out its not from Raju. If you've read enough of his mails, he
kinda looks like a stickler for grammar. :-)

Jeff

>===== Original Message From raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====
>I am sorry to announce the ilugd is being forced to shutdown by court order
due to a complaint lodged by Microsoft(Delhi to be specific). They claim that
we have deliberately marred their name and have resorted to illegal means to
discourace people from using microsoft products..
>for the full and official document visit the linux-india site.
>www.linux-india.org/news/latest/index.html
>
>sorry guys... this list will be shutdown soon. at least temporarily till the
case gets to court.

>--Raju

Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up it is perfect.