Scrolling problem

Hi friends,
            pls. help me to resolve the following
problems
I have RedHat 7.0 with 96 MB RAM and 100 MB swap
space, SiS 6326(AGP Card), Samtron 40Bn (14" color
monitor). RedHat 7.0 detects itself AGP card and
monitor with correst specificatiopn. Previously i had
RedHat 6.0, and i had none of the following problem,
but with RedHat 6.2 and RedHat 7.0 i have following
problems.

1. Xconfigurator probes 1024x768(24-bit color), but i
changed it to 800x600(16-bit color). Scrolling in any
Text editor (application window) was not remain so
smooth as it was in RedHat6.0 and Win98. Therefore I
changed 800x600(16-bit color) to 800x600(8-bit color).
That solve my scrolling problem but because of 8-bit
color, whenever i start Netscape warning about all the
color cells allocated come.
How can i improve scrolling with 16-bit color ?

2. I think , my second problem is because of 8-bit
color, but still i explain the problem. Last week,
when i m working in Kmail, suddenly the whole window
filled with grey color, when i click on the send
button and after this close button on the corner of
window also stopped functioning. I closed the Kmail
Window by killing it forcibly using "kill - 9 <Pid>".
   Is this problem because of 8-bit color or is it
something wrong with Kmail ?

Thanks in advance,
With cheers :)
Arvind