Want PC Config in delhi

hi all,
       i hope you guys can help me out. I'm getting a
PC assembled, but these hardware guys are deep shit.
They just don't know (or may be don't wanna know about
linux friendly hardware) so i did a bit of research
and hope you guys would point out the mistakes (will
gladly accept any kind of comment).

        Here's my config:
AMD Athlon 1G
M'board ASUS A7V (what model?)
128M Symtronics SDRAM (or should i get RDRAM ?)
Hard Disk 20G Samsung (Or is there any lin compatible
40G model)

? AGP (Whoopeee I Don't Know?)
? Sound Card

          The confusing part is that engineers tell me
that AMD comes with its own m'board, to what extent is
that true and are they lin-friendly boards.

thanx in anticipation,
Sumit Bidani
New Delhi