Re: Want PC Config in delhi

Sumit Bidani <wintolin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Here's my config:
> AMD Athlon 1G
> M'board ASUS A7V (what model?)
> 128M Symtronics SDRAM (or should i get RDRAM ?)

Get SDRAM. Performance benefits of RDRAM have not been fully utilized with
today's hardware and RDRAM is certainly much more expensive than SDRAM. Does
not make much sense buying RDRAM for any home-PC as of today.

> Hard Disk 20G Samsung (Or is there any lin compatible
> 40G model)

Linux has no problem using 40G disks.

> ? AGP (Whoopeee I Don't Know?)

I am using a SIS 6326 8MB AGP card with linux without any problem. There
were some issues with the *6215* model but these have more or less been
resolved in the recent releases of major distributions. sp. RH7

If on the other hand you want to do any kind of 3D gaming, or want Open Gl
support (Quake 3 for example), you should look for a 3D Accelerator card.
Ones with the nVidia chipset are common.

> ? Sound Card

I use a Creative 128 Vibra. Good value for money and no compatibility
issues. I have known people to have problems with getting Yamaha PCI sound
cards running.

Cheerio!

-- Vipul Mathur
  <vipul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  (O,O)    http://www.vipulonline.com/