Re: [isp-linux] Re: Blocking all APNIC IP Addresses

Hi Raj!

It is indeed extremely stoopid and cut-the-corners kinda approach
taken by this sample.

However, he is right in one thing ... most of the SPAM problems are
occuring through servers in Asia. I monitor a couple of medium traffic
web mail systems, and the spamming incidents are indeed
worrisome. There are servers in Japan, and other east asian countries
which keep on being the source of a large amount of spam.

Even after
sending repeated mails to them, they simply do not respond. Through
their irresponsible actions they are making other countries in the
region the target of world-wide action.Till some time back, some of
the leading ISPs of this country were open mail relays.  I agree, that
some of the folks, like the bloke you just had a tiff with, can't tell
one Asian country from the next and hence make stupid generalisation
judgements.

Is there ANY way of making these places accountable or in other cases,
just suffer??

RBLs are not being used by many ISPs. The ones that do, use such
insane judgements that they make me real pissed. I remember a few
sites like Topica, which has banned the whole bigfoot.com domain!!
This is so stupid. One can easily use fake domains while sending
mails! You don't even have to spoof IPs for sending mails to these
servers.

Really, I am really concerned about these SPAM issues. What are other
folks on this list about it???

- Sandip
--
Sandip Bhattacharya