Re: Web site

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Raju Mathur wrote:

>Small caveat: Sunny doesn't have anyone's blessings or otherwise from
>the group: he's the only one who's providing content.  I'm glad to
>accept content from anyone who sends it... no one else does at the
>moment.

Heh Raju, getting involved in the dirty stuff? Smells important to me
then ;), and anyway - here's what i think, in the interest of democracy.

>    Nishi> In an effort to outdo others, you decided to carry

	Outdo comes when you add a prefix to 'do'. Getting my point yet?

>    Nishi> claim all the glory but please, do not blame others for not

	Seems you havent /ever/ maintained a website for a group. Good for
you, but guess what! it's the most thankless thing in the world to do. You
get flamed when you dont do your job, and then - just when you've done
something and start feeling good about it, you get flamed for having done
it all, alone!
	Glory. Your mail was a part of that, i presume. And I cant even
make myself mind the frequent left-handed remarks from Pankaj and party. I
wonder why they always end with a "End this thread here" though. Fight it
out, lads!

>    Nishi> gathered at Dilli Haat in Dec 98 for its first meet. Of
>    Nishi> course, there was no DLUG then, just a bunch of Linux
>    Nishi> enthusiasts who wanted to have some Linux-time together.

	Veteran talk? ;) Whats the point?

>    Nishi> info for all. Who does what comes second. So, if there are
>    Nishi> some things that were done by others and do not meet your
>    Nishi> specifications, you are most welcome to change them any
>    Nishi> time.

	Is that your grouse? I already explained why a new membership
directory was being made.

>    Nishi> involving others and more importantly, informing the
>    Nishi> already involved, is a much healthier practice.

	Yeah, and thats why i bugged Raju into putting the site on CVS.
Thats why "intrepid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" exists, with mails getting aliased to
multiple people. The "The Intrepid" page solely exists for my girlfriend,
so other people may safely ignore it. But well, the footer could as well
read "Copyright blah Sunny Holani" and feedback getting invited to
sunny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and stuff.

Well, having said that - I understand your grouse is justified. The pages
you contributed were too good, and i wasnt hoping or aspiring to better
them either. I just didnt know you were still around. Writing this all in
reply to your mail because it just felt too degrading to reply to pankaj.

Regards,
-- Sunny.

And then the djinn rose and said  "let there be fireworks". And the wise
man said "naah, maybe he'll just grow up one of these days."