Re: PixelView + X ?

> > yes that someone was me. i am using a pixelview tv tuner combo in simple
> > terms a card with a clgd5446 chip. i dont know what exactly u r talking
> > about or to whom bcos i for one have recieved no root of this thread in my
> > mail. still... to my knolege, among all the pixelview cards.. my one gives
> > the most trouble, but not trouble enuf it seems as i have managed to run a
> > decent resolution+tv. the only problem is that i am having trouble with
>
> Which software r u using for playing the goddamn TV ????

well under normal conditions ie with other TV cards supported by linux,
the bttv-xawtv combination wud be just great... but not the combo
5446. for this it requires a special initialisation with the kernel so i
use xtvtap. its supposedly a clone of the tvttap for windows. it doesnot
req any bttv/Xv4.x or any extra configurations... it supports almost all
the pixelview cards...(including ur card). its better than the windows
version(for me, as the win version doesnt work most of the time... it
fails to initialise the card properly)... fullscreen(tho it doesnt work
for me and my card), no problems with speed.
Neil