Re: virus - need help/info

> We use Amavis in our office for exactly this reason. For every mail

Amavis is nice for small sites, and dial up users, but not too good for larger sites with heavier traffic.
It's a procmailrc based solution, which essentially means that a single mail that goes to a hundred users, gets scanned a hundred times. It's a pretty big drain on the system. Additionally, .forwards don't work anymore , and lastly, it doesn't scan outgoing mail. There is an "outmail" mailer which you can hack into your sendmail.cf to scan outgoing mail, but it's a horrible, ghasty, messy solution...

nikk
PS : I have yet to find a decent mail scanning solution which does in process mail scanning. I hacked mimedefang to scan messages using uvscan, which solved most of the problems, but means you have to use a beta sendmail 8.11 with Milter support. I also sometimes end up with high system loads when mailq's get jammed.