Re: virus - need help/info

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:53:36AM +0530, Sudhir Gandotra merrily said:
> I have received mails with the additional mail coming with an attached
> file named "zipped_files.EXE"
> I know it does not harm me in linux, but perhaps I can warn the sender
> about it and help him overcome the problem.
> Pointers/tools to help the matter will be of great help.

We use Amavis in our office for exactly this reason. For every mail
with a known virus which passes through our mail server - one "virus
warning" mail goes back to the sender, and one notification message
goes to the Sysadmin, telling him about the type of virus, and where
the local copy of the infected mail is stored ...

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya