Re: linux for kids

At 3/29/2001, Nishant Kumar wrote:
well i would opt for C for small kids ... its aesy to
learn and similar to logo.

C is similar to logo?? Wonder how you came to that conclusion. If anything, logo is similar to lisp, it uses recursion a lot. I think logo is a great way to start programming -- beginners can start writing code within 5 minutes. But it gets very cumbersome after a while, so I do encourage people to move on to C after a couple of days, by which time they have already understood the concepts of looping and subroutines.

Arun