Re: pppd problem

Hi vivek

"Vivek khurana" <vivekkhurana_in@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>    I am facing a problem in connecting to the net i am using wvdial my
problem
> is.   When i use wvdial it connects to server and detects a carrier but
after some
> time i get a message saying
>    PPPd deamon has died ! (exit code= 10)
>  My var/log/messages file gets follwing entries after this event
>     Using interface ppp0
>     Connect: ppp0<--> /dev/ttys1
>     LCP: timeout sending Config-Request
>     Connection terminated
>     Receive serial link is not 8 bit clean:
>     Problem: all had  7 bit set to 0

Search the mailing list archives... similar problems have been reported (and
solved) before.
Cheerio!

-- Vipul Mathur
  <vipul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  (O,O)    http://www.vipulonline.com/
    <vipul@xxxxxxxxxx>     (   )  The Geek shall inherit the Earth
Anything worth doing, is worth getting someone else to do.